What if Weekends: 52 Weeks Project 33/52
What if… Life is a game.
“But it is a game Julian.”
No, no… I mean what if Life, really is a game!
“That’s what I’m saying Julian, Life IS a game, it’s put out by Milton Bradley.”
I know, it’s a game, but what if Life itself were just a game!
“Okay!?… WOW… great idea Julian… let’s create a board game and call it Life, we’ll make millions!”
Okay… now that we have that out of the way… What if… Life is a game!
I find it funny that someone actually did make a board game called “Life” where the object of the game is, and I quote the instructions, “Collect money and LIFE tiles, and have the highest dollar amount at the end of the game.” Really! Let’s take a closer look at this Game of Life:
• in the instructions it says, “If you land on an occupied space, move ahead to the next open space.” Hmmm, I was brought up to wait in line!
• Doctors never suffer accidents. Doctor – Heal thyself?;
• the Accountant never has to pay taxes. Creative accounting?;
• the Police Officer get’s $5000 on top of his salary every time he catches someone speeding. What?;
• it costs $45,000 for a web site and $35,000 for a Family Portrait. I want to be a Designer/Photographer… wait a sec!
• if you retire rich (living at Millionaire Estates) you could still lose everything you have achieved in life (Life tiles);
• if you’re not rich when you retire (living at Countryside Acres) you get one additional Life achievement and all your LIFE achievements are safe;
• at the end of the game, you add up the value of all your achievements (LIFE tiles) and your money and the player with the highest dollar amount wins!
Hmmm, the Milton Bradley “Game of Life” seems a little bit off, don’t you think!
Julian’s Game of Life:
Here we have a family that seems to have won the MB Game of Life… look at all that money! But seriously, I had a great time shooting Christine and her family, and they all seemed to have a great time doing it, too. So, to me, that deserves a LIFE tile achievement for all of us.
When I look back over my life, I think of all the times I’ve done something that has brought me and/or others joy – I think that should earn a LIFE tile; those times I’ve gone out to shoot photographs that didn’t earn me a single dime – more LIFE tiles; times I’ve driven my daughter somewhere and only got a hug – yet another LIFE tile; times I have failed myself, or others, but have learned a lesson from it – another LIFE tile; times someone has wronged me, and I have not wronged them back – a LIFE tile; and those times someone has done something for me, and I have reciprocated – another LIFE tile; and when I paid it forward – a second LIFE tile. I’m not rich, even though I am a Designer/Photographer (?), so I know that no one will ever be able to take my LIFE tiles away from me, so money or not… in Julian’s Game of Life – I’ve won already!
So, What if… Life is a game… where the Object is collecting LIFE tiles for all the good things we can all do every day, and has nothing to do with money… who wants to play?
This is my What if Weekend Photo Illusion for week 33 of my 52 Weeks Project! Thanks to – Jeff Manwell, Timothy Mao-Manwell, Courtney Mao-Manwell and Christine Mao for participating in this fun illusion.
This 52 Week Project is part of a new endeavour of mine I call Photo Illusionism, one photo illusion every week for 52 weeks, check out the web site and “Like” my page on Facebook. And remember, if you want one of your own photo illusions, send me a message and let’s talk… I have 19 more to do!